WORLD PAPER AEROPLANE CHAMPS
This event will not take place in 2020 due to Coronavirus
With Burnham-On-Sea Chamber of Trade & Commerce
Burnham-On-Sea high street is transformed into an airport landing strip for the day with hundreds of rookie pilots entering the event. Residents and visitors can be a world champion at the World Paper Aeroplane Championships. Join the team on the High Street, fold your plane and let it soar!
There are two competitions:
The longest flight of the day and there will also be a lucky yellow square; where ten successful landings will take home a bonus prize.
The winner will be announced at 3pm.
The event is free to enter and you can take part as many times as you wish.
- Paper planes must only be constructed at site from one piece of the provided official paper; standard A4 format, not more than 100 grams.
- The paper can be launched in any aeroplane form of your choice. Ten designs will be available to copy or use a style of your choice, the less 'boeing' the better!
- The sheet must be modified by folding only, no ripping, cutting, gluing or stapling is allowed!
- The aircraft must be launched by one person throwing the aircraft unaided from behind a straight launch line marked on the floor. Passing over the launch line will lead to an invalid attempt.
- Burnham-on-Sea does not have a run-way but competitors can feel free to add some authenticity to their throw with some background plane noise.
- The longest distance will be measured with a standardised tape measure from the starting line to where the paper plane lands.